Propane is a versatile and efficient source of energy and at Spicer Gas safety is our #1 priority. Please review the links below and familiarize yourself with the dos and don’ts of propane and propane products. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Propane is used by millions of people in many different environments-homes, industry, farming and more.
- Propane gas is nontoxic, so it’s not harmful to soil and water.
- Propane is easy to transport and can be used in areas beyond the natural gas mains; because it is 270 times more compact as a liquid than as a gas, it is economical to store and transport as a liquid.
- Propane is an approved, alternative clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act as well as the National Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- Propane equipment and appliances are manufactured to rigorous safety standards.
- More than 14 million families use propane to fuel their furnaces, water heaters, air conditioners, outdoor grills, fire places, dryers and range tops.
- Because propane is virtually odorless and colorless in its natural state, a commercial odorant is added so propane can be detected if it leaks from its container.